The company’s roots date back to Nfld. Armature Works Ltd. In 1991, Island Industrial Limited saw an opportunity to partner the hydraulic hose and fittings with an existing company that serviced the mining industry.
In 2004, the hydraulic hose and fittings side of the business was sold and renamed Island Hose & Fittings Ltd. We operated from Duffy Place with two full-time employees and one part time employee in an 1800 sq. ft. space with an inventory valued at approximately $275,000.
We built our own 4000 sq. ft. building in the Kenmount Business Park, in 2007, our inventory increased to $500,000. with six full-time employees.
June of 2014 saw phase 2 of our 14,000 sq. ft. building started, the expansion was finished in February 2015 and we moved our main offices to newly expanded 10,000 sq. ft. and rented out the existing 4000 sq. ft. we previously occupied.
Presently, we have seven employees, carry an inventory of approximately $750,000. to service our customer base and the ten distributors we have throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.